Powerful Strategic Consulting
Strategic Advisory Group is an advisory services firm that helps organizations navigate the road ahead by recognizing opportunity, clarifying vision, creating strategies, implementing action and measuring results. SAG is a national firm headquartered in Atlanta with offices in Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Wilmington. Firm professionals have consulted in over 150 U.S. and international markets adding value to a wide variety of asset classes. Service areas of focus include:
- Strategic Consulting
- Financial Advisory
- Real Estate Development
- Economic Development
- Transaction Due Diligence
- Valuation & Appraisal
- Asset Management
- Distressed Asset
- Legal Support
SAG has earned a distinguished track record of providing solutions to complex problems by assigning senior professionals to personally direct each assignment, approaching each challenge as unique, applying the most appropriate blend of resources to each challenge, and working collaboratively with clients, while establishing clear lines of communications. We also specialize in assembling and managing interdisciplinary teams that are needed to address larger and more comprehensive issues.
Hear from SAG clients.
Hear more about a project from start to finish from a client’s perspective.
- October 25, 2010: Strategic Advisory Group closed $516.2 million in financing for its 1,170-room Marriott Marquis headquarter hotel project located adjacent to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in the heart of Washington, D.C. The public-private partnership included $310 million in private debt/equity, $134 million in tax increment financing, $25 million loan from the Washington Convention and Sports Authority, $47 million in grants from the Authority, and subordinated land leases. The public financing utilized Recovery Zone Facility Bonds, Recovery Zone Economic Development Bonds, Build America Bonds, and traditional tax-exempt bonds. SAG represented the Washington Convention and Sports Authority and the District of Columbia throughout the project.
- SAG was engaged by the Government of Puerto Rico to manage the redevelopment of 100 acres of port facilities near Old San Juan. SAG helped project leaders master plan the project that is to include 1,700 residential units, 700 hotel rooms, 300,000 sf of office and 300,000 sf of neighborhood and specialty retail. The team was recently awarded $25 million in local stimulus funding to get the project started.
Click here to view project video.
- SAG was engaged by the City of Santa Monica, CA to structure and negotiate a public-private partnership/management agreement with the Nederlander Organization to promote and potentially operate the historic 3,000-seat Santa Monica Civic Auditorium
- SAG was engaged by Shawnee County, the owner of the Kansas Expocentre in Topeka, KS, to conduct a comprehensive market, financial and operations analysis and develop a long-term strategic plan for the venue.
- SAG prepared a long term strategic plan for the 12,500 seat Sleep Train Pavilion at Concord outdoor amphitheater for the owner, the City of Concord, CA. SAG is currently assisting the City in its lease negotiations with Live Nation, the world’s largest event promoter.
- Construction documents were recently completed for SAG's 532-room Hilton Columbus Downtown hotel in Columbus, OH and the project is out for bid. After a successful February 2010 financing, construction began in July 2010. The hotel is anticipated to open in the Fall of 2012.
- SAG's Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Orlando, FL broke ground in May 2010.
- The Orlando Convention Center District has begun implementing Phase I of SAG's long range strategic plan. Pedestrian bridges connecting the Center to two hotels are under development, a dedicated bus loop supporting the District is being constructed, and the Center has issued a taxi service RFP to improve the quality of service levels and vehicles serving the Center.
- SAG was selected by the County of San Diego Real Estate Services Division as a qualified on-call real estate consultant in four services categories: 1) Tax Increment Financing, 2) Residential, 3) Development Agreements, and 4) General Market.
The Mountain Lakes CVB, located in Oconee County, SC, recently engaged SAG to prepare a comprehensive feasibility study for a conference facility and hotel.